5 Ways To Save Energy In Your Home
1. Replace Traditional Light Bulbs with LEDs – Replacing your light bulbs with more energy-efficient LEDs can highly reduce the amount of energy your home is using annually.
2. Ensure Your Home is Properly Insulated—It takes a lot of energy to heat and cool your home during the winter and summer. If your home isn’t properly insulated, this can take a toll on your HVAC systems. This includes making sure your doors are flush to the frame, windows properly sealed, foundation cracks addressed, or any other drafts throughout your home looked over.
3. Put Decorative Lights on a Timer – If you put up lights for Christmas, Halloween, or any other event, you know how easy it is to forget to turn them off; adding a timer makes it easier to save energy.
4. Utilize Natural Light – Using sunlight to your advantage -simply opening the curtains and letting sunlight in can go a long way toward reducing your electricity usage.
5. Maintain Home Energy Systems – Smart thermostats can be scheduled to keep your house at an optimal temperature, and energy-star appliances help reduce household energy consumption; adding electric power strips on electronic equipment that can be simply turned off when not in use and reducing your hot water heater’s temperature can significantly help in cost efficiency.